Thursday, February 25, 2010

New Classes of 2nd Semester at UGR!

So I finished my finals, after working on papers and studying hard for exams the whole month of February. whooah! I already know I did very well in my anthro class, and am waiting to hear about the others. yay!

New classes started this week. I am taking:

Historia del Medio Ambiente en el Mundo Contemporáneo (History of the Environment in the Contemporary World)
-seems pretty interesting, we will be learning ecological history and the impact of the environment on society and vice versa, global climate change, etc. i'm excited!

Historia de Arte Antiguo en España (Ancient Art History in Spain)
-I thought I wouldn't like this as I've never taken an art history class, but it seems cool. The reason I am excited is that last semester I took the history of ancient spain, so this class is talking about the same time period, just focusing on art! so I have a great base after studying for that exam a couple weeks ago :)

Didáctica de Inglés (Teaching of English as a Foreign Language to Primary School Children)
-Awesome, because I am already an English as a Foreign Language Teacher! I am just taking this class for fun, and I already know the professor. It is an interesting mix of Spanish and English....should be interesting!

Antropologiá de la Salud (Anthro of Health)
-Seems pretty interesting, we'll see!

It was fun to start classes again. This time I feel way more comfortable and confident the second time around. I can understand the thick Andalucian accents of the professors much easier, and I am much more confident to ask questions in spanish, etc. And, there is a new batch of foreign students who just started this semester, and I have been a guide and helped them a lot with their questions since I know the drill and the spanish style of teaching, etc. yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment