Wednesday, March 24, 2010

hosting visitors, my 21st, and mom and jim coming!

So I was super lucky to have two awesome friends fly all the way from the US to come see me here in Granada! First Darren came for a week, and we went non-stop to do all my favorite things in Granada, eat all my favorite foods, go to the best places...it was so much fun getting to show off my beautiful awesome city to someone from home! We had the spring´s first wonderful weather, and made use of it. Then Darren went home and the next morning Kavy came! She was here for four full days and it was a great visit. After hosting Darren I had a nicely planned schedule of events for Kavy to experience while I had her here :). Churros y chocolate, walking around the city, el catedral, tapas with friends, clubbing into the early morning with friends, La Alhambra, schwarma, paella...so much! It was so wonderful to see my buddies from back home and show them my life here and have them meet my friends and Alan. I had a wonderful time hosting!



My birthday weekend was awesome. It ended up perfectly as Kav was here for my 21st bday! On Saturday morning I got my new tattoo that I had been planning on for a long time. I love it, it is perfect. :) Then I celebrated with all my friends and we had a big potluck lunch and hung out. That night we got together again and enjoyed the night life of Granada, which Kav loved and aprovechó mucho :). Then on my birthday on Monday, Kavy woke up early to tour La Alhambra and I slept in. 15 minutes before my alarm was meant to go off to get me up so I could work on reading for my classes, Alan called and woke me up saying he was at my door. He showed up with a big bouquet of beautiful flowers, and this adorable letter written to me in spanish. So cute. Then he opened his backpack and pulled out all the ingredients for these awesome omelettes he makes and made us breakfast :). The weekend had been overcast and a little wet, but I woke up on my bday to a sunny day! I am so glad Kav got to see La Alhambra in the sun. The rest of the day I had class and enjoyed the sun walking between classes. That night Alan made the three of us a super tasty spaghetti and chorizo dinner (you´re saying dang, two meals in one day? how did you train him to do that? haha ;) ).

Kav left the next morning. Now I am trying to catch up on work and sleep before Mom and Jim arrive midday on Friday! I am so excited. I haven´t seen my mom in 7 months, and I can´t remember the last time I was this excited to see her! :) We are going on a night tour of La Alhambra this weekend (sounds so mysterious and magical!) and then next week for Semana Santa we are off to explore other parts of Andalucia! We are renting a car and staying in Sevilla, Cordoba, Baeza....

I am really looking forward to this trip. One, because it´s going to be my mom, step-dad, my boyfriend, and me. It´s like a week-long double date with my mom and step-dad! Haha. Two, because it will be a very different dynamic than the rest of the traveling I have done and will be doing this year. I have planned and organized all my other trips, and this one my Mom has done all the work! Meaning I can sit back and relax and just go wherever she takes us. I love planning trips and organizing, just like Mom, but it will be a nice break to be on a family trip again. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment